Ladders for high ceilings serve various purposes. If you are finding it hard to reach the high shelves, you may need a high ceiling ladder. Most of these ladders support a lot of weight, which means that you will not have to worry about your stability while using them.
That said, ladders for high ceiling are essential, especially in homes. You’ll need high ladders to install ceilings during outdoor installations and use them to repair your gutters.
Now, there are different types of ladders, meant to serve different purposes – from step ladders to multi-purpose ladders, but what is the best ladder for high ceilings? This post will walk you through some of the best ladders for high ceilings.
By the end of this post, you should be able to choose the right ladder for high ceilings. Let’s dive in.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a High Ceiling Ladder
Choosing a high ceiling ladder can be downright frustrating, but considering these factors will save you the hassle:
1. The Height and Reach of the Ladder
It’s not easy choosing the right length of a ladder. To make sure that you get it right, consider the following factors when selecting a high ceiling ladder:
- The ladder angle, which should be seventy-five degrees.
- Consider your highest standing point while using the ladder, which should be four rungs down from the top.
- Whether or not the ladder sections can overlap.
- Whether or not you can extend the ladder above the rooftop.
That said, you will need a long ladder that can extend to about three feet above the roofline when you want to go to the rooftop, maybe for inspection.
2. The Right Ladder Weight
Ladders for high ceilings are designed to hold a specific amount of weight born by the user, as well as the load the user might be carrying.
Therefore, the high ceiling ladders will come in a variety of duty ratings, determined by their type and grade. And just to let you know, the duty rating refers to the amount of load the ladder can carry. This load includes the user’s weight, as well as the load the user is carrying.
To understand even better, below are the duty ratings you should check out for when getting yourself ladders for high ceilings:
- The economical design, which is categorized as type 3 and supports up to 200 lbs.
- Type 2 category with a basic design, usually for handling simple projects. It can accommodate up to 225 lbs.
- Type 1, usually is suited for more projects. This can accommodate 250 lbs.
- The type 1A is designed with professionals in mind. It can carry up to 300 lbs.
- Type 1AA is suited for maximum performance with a better durability period. This type of ladder can carry up to 375 lbs.
|Werner T7416 Ladder||16 feet||300 lbs|
|Louisville AS1020 Step Ladder||20 feet||300 lbs|
|Little Giant Ladders 10121 SkyScraper||21 feet||300 lbs|
|TACKLIFE Multi-Use Ladder||17 feet||300 lbs|
|Luisladders A-Frame Telescoping Ladder||16.5 feet||300 lbs|
Best Ladders for High Ceiling
The Werner T7416 sixteen feet has a 300lb duty rating for each side of the ladder. It is suitable for one or even two-person jobs, which makes it a more excellent choice for contractors who’d love to work using the same ladder. Werner T7416 has a heavy gauge aluminum at the top, as well as heavy-duty spreaders that to withstand vandalism in the area of operation or when in transportation. This ladder is durable because it has an EDGE bracing system, as well as the rail shields. And because fiberglass is a non-conductor, makes this ladder suited for electricity work-related projects.
- This ladder can extend to a height of up to twenty ft.
- Heavy-gauge aluminum to strengthen connectors.
- Rubber step helps in limiting damages.
- One or two contractors can use it.
- It has a maximum load per side.
- Strenuous to use because of the weight
Louisville Ladder is a 20ft heavy duty ladder made of aluminum, which makes it durable. The ladder has a three-hundred-pound capacity. This ladder aims at improving the user’s experience when working on large construction projects, electricity projects, or even residential jobs.
You don’t have to fret about reaching inaccessible places because the Louisville ladder of 20 ft will help you do that with ease. Additionally, this ladder is slip-resistant, which means that your safety is well-catered for during your hours of operations. And because of the rubber feet, as well as the gusset bracing, it would make sense to say that this ladder is your perfect one for a professional work environment.
It doesn’t matter what task you want to perform with the ladder. If it’s general maintenance, Louisville has got your back. If you intend to do some home repairs, Louisville will not disappoint you either. Also, this ladder will help you reach higher heights; not many ladders can help you achieve.
Apart from the double rivet step construction, you should also expect inside spreader braces for your stabilization when working. This will also help guarantee your safety while working on higher ceilings that seem dangerous and scary, and of course, they are.
The Louisville ladder has got a 1A rating and meets the safety standards requirements put in place by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), as well as CSA. Additionally, the load capacity of the ladder, which is three-hundred lb, is suitable for heavyweights.
- The ladder is made from aluminum, which ensures its durability.
- The ladder is slip-resistant, which means that your safety is guaranteed even if you are at higher ceilings.
- It has two by four holders for increased productivity.
- The rubber tread is replaceable.
- Rubber tread ensures sure footing.
- Can carry up to 300 lbs.
Little Giant Ladders 10121 is one of the best ladders for high ceilings. You will be able to reach extreme heights that other ladders cannot. If you are on a shoe-string budget, this ladder will still be your best bet as it is economical, which means that you can substitute it for some of the costly ladders.
It doesn’t matter what type of task you are doing as long as you are using it to reach extremely high heights. That said, you can use this ladder in gymnasiums, churches, and even auditoriums. Additionally, this ladder is well-suited for industry settings. Even more, the Little Giant Ladder 10121 is best for use when working around obstacles such as a stadium or benches.
Little Giant Ladder 10121 is easily portable, which means you can carry it along when going to work on projects where bulky scaffolding can’t access. This ladder is made from aerospace-grade aluminum to support a heavyweight of three-hundred pounds and to enhance the durability of the ladder.
Contractors looking for ladders that meet all the requirements set by the safety bodies, this is your ladder. The Little Giant Ladder meets American National Standards Institute (ANSI), as well as the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations.
- It is best for surroundings with obstacles such as stadiums, benches, or other uneven surfaces.
- This ladder is cheap and can reach heights that expensive ladders can’t reach, which means that it is efficient and economical.
- You can store some extended height when you don’t have to use it and expand it when you need to.
- It has superior stability, which guarantees any user safety, especially when working on extreme heights that look scary.
The TACKLIFE multi-use ladder offers users the option to use it for a variety of purposes. And if you have been buying different ladders for different purposes, then that practice will be gone if you have this ladder. The best thing about the TACKLIFE multi-use ladder is that you can fold it, stretch it, and customize the angles depending on the task that you intend to carry. This helps you perform such tasks without any inconveniences.
You can use this ladder to clean your dirty windows, paint your walls, repair and fit your gutters in preparation for the rainy season, hand decorations at an event, among others. The shiny silver appearance makes it appeal to the eye for most users. Even more, your ladder will not get dusty, stain easily, or even greasy easily. If it does, there’s nothing more you need to do than to wipe the area with a clean damp cloth. The aircraft’s aluminum materials make it durable, so no need to worry about it rusting or damaging within a short time.
It has a length of 17 feet, which is suited for high ceilings. You can pull it out and retract smoothly and efficiently. In other words, no need to apply a lot of force when doing this. It’s compact and lightweight, which means you can easily carry it around when going to perform tasks in other areas. The TACKLIFE ladder will accommodate up to three-hundred pounds of weight. It has two flexible wheels for moving conveniently.
- The length of 17 ft is suitable for high ceilings operations.
- It can accommodate up to 300 pounds.
- It is suited for many tasks such as renovations, home decorations, repairs and cleaning.
- It is flexible and smooth.
- Two flexible wheels, which ensure natural movement.
- Easy to clean if greased.
- The hinge mechanism is vulnerable to dirt.
LuisLadder 16.5 feet is one of the best multi-purpose ladders out there. They come in ranges – the lowest height comes at 2.6 feet while the highest is at 16.5 ft.
This ladder can pull out and push easily and even best, with minimal efforts applied. Also, this ladder is quite stable and doesn’t shake while in use to ensure your safety.
Luisladder has a rubber padding on its feet to make sure that it is firm for excellent support and firmness when in use. It is made from aluminum, which ensures lightweight, as well as desired strength.
So far, this is the only ladder with a weight capacity of up to 330 pounds on this list, but you shouldn’t fret about storing the ladder because you can shrink it to a bit smaller size to fit in areas with limited space. This makes the ladder suitable for people who move from place to place, performing different tasks. Best of all is the extra support that ensures stability.
- Its height is perfect for anyone looking for a high ceiling ladder – 16.5 ft.
- It can pull out and push is a smooth way and with little effort.
- It is made from aluminum.
- It can accommodate up to 330 pounds.
- Relatively weighty.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the tallest step ladder I can buy for high ceilings?
In circumstances where people complain of their ladders being too short, the SkyScraper will serve you better. The SkyScraper is one of the tallest ladders for high ceilings you can find anywhere with a height of 21 feet. With this, rest assured high climbing high ceilings should be the least of your worries.
2. How high is it safe on a ladder?
I discussed safety earlier, and it is essential, especially for those working on high ceilings. Your maximum safe height is 4 inches higher than the height of your ladder.
For instance, you can safely reach eight inches of a ceiling when you are using a four-inch ladder. If you are using an extension high ceiling ladder, make sure that it is between seven and ten feet longer than your contact point, say the roof.
3. What are some of the precautions to take when using high ceiling ladders?
The first precaution is that you should never exceed the maximum load limit. Also, make sure that only one person is using the ladder at a time.
Secondly, keep yourself away from climbing a high ceiling ladder if you are ill or impaired. This is because you may slip and fall due to a lack of stability.
Finally, you need to trust your instincts. If you feel uncomfortable using the high ceiling ladder, please don’t. The more you are distracted, the higher chances you will fall.
I have talked about the best ladder for high ceilings in this post. It should guide you when you are looking forward to purchasing a ladder for high ceilings.
Choosing a ladder, especially a ladder for high ceilings, is critical. In this post, I have also answered some of the most frequently asked questions.
All these resources should help you make the best decision when purchasing or using these ladders, or at least equip you with the necessary knowledge about ladders.