It can be downright frustrating to choose the best ladder for cleaning. There are lots of ladders for cleaning windows and knowing which one is the best.
Many people would prefer to clean their windows and save some money. However, cleaning your windows can be very dangerous, and that is why it is recommended that you call a window cleaner to help you with the task.
If you insist on cleaning your windows, you will need a ladder for cleaning windows to help you securely reach your windows. This post will walk you through the 5 best ladders for windows you should check out in 2020.
Features You Should Look for in Ladders for Cleaning Windows
Before you decide to purchase any ladders for cleaning windows, you need to know some of the features you need to keep an eye on. The features I will discuss in this section will either make your cleaning seamless.
Levers refer to special plastic or rubber pads usually fitted beneath the ladder feet. When cleaning your windows using ladders, you will most likely rest your ladder on an uneven, slippery, or concrete surface. In this case, you will need levelers or stabilizers to make sure that your ladder doesn’t wobble when cleaning your ladders.
2. Extendible Sections
A ladder for cleaning windows will not serve its purpose without any expandable sections. And the chances are that you will never need to clean your windows for just one low level. Expandable sections will allow you to adjust the ladder to the right height so you can clean your windows without any hassle.
3. Ladder Stabilizing Pads
Ladder stabilizing pads are one of the essential features you need to check out if you will buy ladders for cleaning windows. A ladder stabilizing pad is a suction cup usually attached at the side rail top, unless when you are using a step ladder. This component should hold the wall firmly to prevent your ladder from slipping.
4. Articulate Feet
The articulate foot is an add-on for ladders that aren’t step ladders. This is a unique feature that comes in handy for ladders that need to be extended for high tasks such as cleaning windows, painting walls, cleaning the ceilings, cleaning the gutters, and more. If that’s the case, swivel the ladder on its feet to move it to the other side, rather than lifting it.
Top 5 Best Ladder for Cleaning Windows
This is a 20-foot extension ladder with an overall load capacity of 300 pounds. It works best for electricity, residential, utility, and light construction jobs. It includes D shaped rungs with serrated edges to keep the ladder from slipping. Also, it has mar-resistant rail end caps to offer protection to landing surfaces while enhancing its shelf life.
Additionally, the Louisville ladder features two comprehensive heavy-duty slide guides at the very top to prevent the ladder from overstretching. The thick rubber treads, along with the heavy-duty plated steel, ensures your safety during usage. It’s one of the best ladders in the Louisville unit.
When mounting on this ladder, ensure to position it in a tight corner for safety reasons. Work safety is always the top-notch feature of this ladder, among other features that let you carry heavy-duty cleaning activities without worrying about your safety.
What’s more, this ladder includes hydraulically crimped ends to secure the connections. The mar-resistant end caps also prevent the ladder from damaging wall surfaces or window ledges when setting up the ladder. And because the Louisville ladder is made of fiberglass, there are minimal chances that the user will suffer from electric shock when working with water near electric lines.
- Serrated rungs
- Secure locking
- Swivel feet
- Overall load capacity of 300 pounds
- Average weight of 42 pounds
- 20 feet extension ladder
- 10 feet unextended height
- 17 feet safe working height
- Measures 120 by 18 by 6 inches
- Shoe base measuring 17 1/16 inches wide
- The Louisville extension ladder is made of fiberglass that’s non-conductive with electricity
- The user’s safety is well guaranteed with the steel swivel safety shoes and metal shield
- The D-shaped rungs ensure users’ comfort during usage
- This ladder features mar-resistant rail end caps that protect your landing surfaces.
- Some customers have raised complaints about the shipment that came with cracked fiberglass with missing pieces
- Some also complained about the two latches that are difficult to open.
If you’re looking for a high-quality, lightweight, telescoping ladder, the Little Giant Alta is a good bet. The hinge locks and articulating sides let you convert the Little Giant as an adjustable extension ladder, staircase ladder, A-frame ladder, and as trestle-and-plank scaffolding ladder.
With wide-flared legs, high-quality construction, and rubberized feet, rest assured of maximum stability during usage. Built from aerospace-grade aluminum, this Little Giant is ultra-light and ultra-strong. It’s also rated to support a weight capacity of up to 250 lbs on both ends, making it suitable for medium-sized tasks.
Because of its versatility, you can configure this ladder into 30 different ways to fit your level of needs. The best part? This Little Giant is easy to install and often meets the ANSI and OSHA industrial standards.
- 30 different configurations
- Wide flared legs
- This ladder features a working platform
- Measures 27 by 8.04 by 60 inches
- Average weight of 37 pounds
- Extension configuration heights from 7’10 to 15’6 inches
- Stepladder configuration heights from 2’10 to 6’7 inches
- Overall height of 22 feet
- The Little Giant has a rating capacity of 250 pounds.
- This ladder features wide-flared legs, aircraft-grade aluminum that’s high-quality for stability
- It can be configured into 30 different ways to meet your level of needs
- The height can be extended from 7’10 to 15’6 inches, and the stepladder extended from 2’10 to 6’7 inches
- This little giant meets all ANSI and OSHA industrial standards
- It’s rated to support weights of up to 250 lbs.
- The orange caps are loosely attached
- The ladder is very fragile
This is another step ladder from the Louisville unit ideal for low and medium height tasks. The steps can accommodate weights of up to 300 pounds. Each step is grooved and exhibits double rivet construction for maximum traction.
Additionally, this ladder is excellent for both professionals and DIY jobs. And because every step ladders meet the industrial standards, rest assured that Louisville will guarantee the maximum safety you need. This stepladder is also versatile so that you can utilize it for construction use, including household activities.
This step ladder’s sturdiness makes it reliable for any weight, meaning that you can take along the tools for cleaning windows. The best part? You can extend it up to six feet to fit your level of needs. The wide treaded shoe legs at the rails keep your ladder in place, even on slippery surfaces. With the robust features, moving around with the ladder is a no brainer.
- Maximum stability
- Sturdy frame
- Provides safety from electric shock
- Measures 74 by 23 by 7 inches
- Average weight of 17 pounds
- This is a 5-steps ladder
- It has a height of 6 feet
- The base extends up to 40 ⅞ inches
- 22 ⅝ inches bottom width
- 3 inches step depth
- It has a weight rating capacity of up to 300 pounds
- This stepladder is easy to set up
- The Louisville ladder is sturdy and strong enough to accommodate weights of up to 300 pounds.
- It features an elegant design with a smooth finishing
- This stepladder exhibits a non-conductive construction for safety
- The inside braces protect your ladder from damages
- It has a load capacity of 300 pounds, inclusive of the weight of the user and tools
- There is a mismatch with the product display. While most users purchase as new, they appear to be used.
- The stepladder isn’t appealing to the eyes.
The Xtend and Climb ladder is another heavy-duty articulating ladder ideal for commercial and DIY jobs. Because it’s the tallest telescoping ladder, it extends to 15.5 feet and retracts down to 36.6 inches, which is perfect for high tasks.
Not only is this ladder tailored for professionals, but homeowners can also use it. In addition to the versatility, this telescoping ladder exceeds the current 2019 ANSI and OSHA industrial standards.
The airplane-grade aluminum construction this ladder exhibits has two advantages: First, it’s lightweight for portability. And second, the ladder is sturdy enough to accommodate the user’s weight when cleaning windows.
With the anodized finish, cleaning this ladder is a no brainer. The durability is also enhanced, so it can serve you for years before resorting to a new one. What’s more, the sleek outlook protects the ladder from corroding when detergent splashes on while cleaning the windows.
- Measures 19.8 by 4.5 by 36 inches
- 37.4 overall load capacity
- Extensions heights of up to 15.5 feet
- Contractions heights of up to 36.5 inches
- 19.5 feet reach heights
- 19.75 feet width
- The Xtend and Climb ladder has a rating of 250 pounds.
- This telescoping ladder exceeds the new 2019 ANSI and OSHA industrial standards
- It exhibits aerospace aluminum alloy construction for sturdiness
- The extensions and hinge locks at the foot ensures easy closing. Also, with the thumb release feature, rest assured of hand’s comfort
- Provides a safe working height
- The anodized finish is easy to clean and protects the ladder from corrosion.
- This telescoping ladder is very heavy
- The ends are loosely attached
- Customers have raised complaints about the shipment that comes with cracked aluminum
- Some rungs aren’t effective.
More often, ladders with longer extensions need to be sturdy, and that’s exactly what Toprung ladder offers.
Toprung ladders are made of aircraft-grade aluminum, heavy-duty material with a rating capacity of 300 pounds. Upon climbing it, rest assured of top-notch safety. The anti-skid feature also prevents the ladder from sliding when cleaning the windows.
Its extensions are exceptional and also one of the best available. The best part is that you can extend it to your level of needs. Whether you’re working slopes, stairs, or high walls, this extension ladder got your needs covered. Working on this ladder is super easy due to the extendible rungs that enhance comfort.
The steps are wide and include anti-slip features that prevent unnecessary accidents like toppling over. Meanwhile, ensure that your ladder is stored in a dry place to protect it from rust and corrosion. Not only will this enhance its durability, but it will also keep the hinges away from dirt or any other contaminants that could interfere with its operations. For safety reasons, make sure to replace the inner and outer feet upon wearing out occasionally.
- Measures 55 by 23.6 by 7.7 inches
- Overall weight capacity of 34.4 pounds
- Extension heights of up to 15 feet
- A-frame that’s 7 feet high
- Storage height of 4.6 feet.
- 1.9 feet bottom width
- 1-foot step spacing
- Weight rating of up to 300 pounds.
- This ladder is versatile and includes multiple configurations
- It exceeds all the industrial standards
- This ladder features a reliable locking system for safety
- The wide rungs and anti-slip feet provide maximum comfort when cleaning the windows
- It comes with a two-year warranty
- There is a mismatch in the product description. The ladder is 22 feet instead of 26.
- This ladder is very heavy and difficult to operate on.
- Pulling out the clasp pins is challenging due to the heavyweight.
Finding the right ladder for cleaning windows can be a daunting prospect. However, window cleaning is no different from other tasks, so that you can opt for either of the extension ladders. And because cleaning windows is an occasional task, you may want to save the extra expenses of hiring a cleaner and DIY.
As a rule of thumb, it takes the right ladder and tools to get the job done. This comprehensive guide will help you leverage the best choice for your needs. Most importantly, your choice should be budget-friendly.