It’s now a lot easier to paint your stairs. All you need to do is choose one from some of the best scaffolding for painting stairs, and you are good to go.
Stairs are unsafe to work on. The chances are that they are uneven, which means you can always trip and fall if precautions are not put in place. However, you can reduce the chances of accidents by using a scaffold for painting stairs.
In this post, I’ll be walking you through some of the best scaffolding for painting stairs in 2020. So if you want to paint your stairs, you probably want to try any of these.
How To Use Scaffolding To Paint Stairs
You can use a scaffold with any adjustable ladder to make the process of painting your stairs a seamless process. Adjustable ladders are a perfect match with scaffolding systems because adjustable ladders can always be adjusted to enhance stability when working on your stairs.
Safety Tips When Using Scaffolding for Painting Stairs
As I said earlier, working on your stairs can be very dangerous. That is why you need to be very careful when working on scaffolding for painting stairs. Below are some safety tips that will help you limit the chances of accidents as you work on your stairs.
1. Plank the Whole Bay
It is always recommended that you cover your scaffold width with planks. This increases the work area and minimizes the chances of you slipping and falling. In cases where you are working in the middle of ladder frames, you should add another plank to act as a guardrail. Most importantly, install a diagonal gooser when you are using a caster.
2. Inspect the Scaffolding
Your safety matters more than anything else, and as such, you need to make sure that you have checked and confirmed that all the supports, connections, and other structure parts are well-connected.
Check the wheels and make sure that they are locked in the right position and cannot move. When checking the mudsills, ensure that the scaffold base plates were screwed or nailed into the boards.
Also, you need to check the locking pins to see if the scaffolding builder was inserted with every pin to lock it into place. Finally, make sure that the platforms cover the entire distance of its level. It is also important to note that there should be only one inch between your boards.
3. Maintain a Three-Point Grip
Always maintain a 3-point grip when climbing your scaffold. It’s either you will use 1 foot and two hands, or 2 feet and one hand. Additionally, maintain your body near the frame as much as you can. Moving away from the edge could cause the system to tip over, causing a severe accident leading to an injury. Finally, please don’t climb on the cross braces because they can’t accommodate the weight.
Please wear shoes before working on the scaffolding. It will avoid skidding and prevent injuries.
As a rule of thumb, never climb onto your scaffold before it is installed correctly. Make sure it cannot slip when you start working on it. Also, it would help if you wore shoes before climbing on your scaffold for painting stairs.
You can use the Little Giant with any type of ladder to make an excellent and durable scaffolding for painting your stairs. The plank measures 6 feet in length, which is the most recommended for painting any stairs. The plank is made from aerospace-grade aluminum, making it durable and sustaining weights of up to 250 pounds.
This scaffolding only weighs 17 pounds, which is the lightest you can find in the market right now. The scaffold for painting stairs is slip resistance, so your safety is guaranteed. It also features threads to make it comfortable for any user. And that is why the Little Giant is one of the best alternatives to any lightweight or expensive scaffolding systems out there.
- The Little Giant scaffolding weighs only 17 pounds
- This scaffolding for painting stairs measures three by 11 by 72 inches
- The Little Giant scaffolding can sustain weights of up to 250 pounds
- It is made from aerospace-grade aluminum.
- This scaffolding system is sturdy and is easy to adjust
- It is relatively straightforward to use than when standing on a ladder rung
- Because it is made of aerospace-grade aluminum, this scaffolding system is durable and will serve you for long
- This scaffolding for painting stairs features little claws to prevent slipping of your rungs.
- No serious cons found on this scaffold for painting stairs
Just like the Little Giant Ladder 15070-001, you can use the Little Giant 10069 to make a durable and straightforward scaffolding system. This plank is made of aerospace-grade aluminum and can sustain weights of up to 250 pounds.
It features a comprehensive slip-resistant platform that will allow you to carry on big jobs with a lot of ease. The best of all is that you can use this scaffolding system with any expensive and labor-intensive scaffolding systems out there.
This Little Giant 10069 is one of the best scaffolding systems you can find in the market right now. It measures 9 feet in length, and you can adjust it to 6 or even 8 feet in length. This feature is one reason you should make the Little Giant 10069 your number one choice.
This scaffolding system also features treads that will secure your footing and ensure that you are comfortable working on the scaffolding for painting stairs. The scaffold is sturdy, so you don’t have to worry if you are 200 pounds because it can sustain up to 250 pounds. The scaffold for painting stairs weighs only 32 pounds so that you can move with it around quickly.
- This scaffolding for painting stairs weighs 32 pounds
- It measures 72 by 12 by 3 inches
- This scaffolding can accommodate up to 250 pounds
- It is made of aerospace-grade aluminum.
- This scaffold is of a higher quality
- It features a comprehensive slip-resistant platform and treads to secure your foot when working
- You can always use this scaffolding as an alternative to labor-intensive and expensive scaffolding systems
- This scaffolding can also be used to prune shrubs and clean gutters
- Setting up the scaffold system is a painless process
- This scaffolding system slides smoothly
- It doesn’t lock when you extend it
- This scaffolding only works on a level surface
Werner aluminum planks always come in various sizes – 6, 8, 9, 10, and 17-foot. The Werner PA210 is convenient to use and can sustain weights of up to 250 pounds. This scaffolding system features positive stops every foot to minimize overextension.
This scaffolding for painting stairs features a 2-inch box section. Additionally, these scaffolding come with thermo-plastic spacer guides to offer an easy open and close action.
This scaffolding for painting stairs can be used on extension trestle ladders, single straight ladders, extension ladders, telescoping ladders, stepladders, and multi ladders.
- This scaffolding for painting stairs weighs 0.01 ounces
- It can accommodate up to 250 pounds
- It has a length of 17 inches and a width of 14 inches
- You can use this scaffolding for painting stairs on a variety of ladders, including extension trestle ladders, single ladders, telescoping ladders, among others
- This scaffolding system features a 2-inch deep box
- It features positive stops to minimize over-extending
- This scaffolding system also features a thermo-plastic guide to facilitate easy open and close action.
- The weight is a lot for a single person.
Metaltech scaffolding for painting stairs was built with users in mind. It’s meant to simplify your work and guarantee your safety while you work. And just like any other scaffolding, you need to make sure that everything is set correctly – the precision of welding, proper installation, among other things that will guarantee your safety.
The Metaltech M-PEP7000A is a sturdy scaffolding for painting stairs and is made of high-grade aluminum. This item is also lightweight, so you can always move around with it whenever you want. This scaffolding system also features an anti-slip surface making it easier for users to work. The best of all is that you can adjust this scaffolding for painting stairs up to 9 feet.
The Metaltech M-PEP7000A scaffold has passed through rigorous and a couple of control tests to ensure that it is safe for use. This scaffolding for painting stairs weighs just 34 pounds, which means that you can quickly move around with it. This scaffolding is also telescopic, so you can always store it in a fraction of its length.
- This scaffolding is lightweight and sturdy
- It features an anti-slip surface
- The Metaltech M-PEP7000A is adjustable and secure
- This scaffolding for painting is lightweight, which means that you can easily carry it from one place to another
- It is very stable and safe for use as it features an anti-slip surface
- You can adjust this scaffolding for painting stairs whenever you want.
- It can get slippery
Again, you can use the Titan scaffold for painting staircases. It has a length of 7 feet and a width of 19 feet, enhancing your comfort during usage. This scaffold is made of high-grade aluminum and has a weight capacity of 75 pounds per square feet. It also includes a non-skid surface to provide maximum safety while painting the staircases.
- The Titan scaffold has an average weight of up to 30 pounds
- The overall weight capacity is 75 pounds per square foot
- Measures 84 by 19 by 3 inches
- Exhibits aluminum construction
- This scaffold comes in silver.
- This scaffold is of high quality and sturdy
- The scaffold is heavy-duty, yet lightweight for convenience and easy storage.
- There was a mismatch on the buying guide. The product was bought as new but came already assembled.
The telescoping plank exhibits heavy-duty construction, yet lightweight. It can accommodate weights of up to 250 lbs.
Additionally, this ladder includes extra-wide steps that are slip-resistant to enhance your safety and comfort during usage. Also, the two safety hooks on each end prevent the plank from sliding off when positioned correctly. What’s more, you can always replace an expensive, labor-intensive scaffolding system with a robust, versatile, adjustable ladder to fit your needs.
- This ladder can support weights of up to 250 lbs
- You can adjust from 8 to 13 inches to fit your level of needs
- Exhibits aerospace-grade aluminum construction
- The extended steps enhance users’ comfort during usage, thus saving time
- It weighs an average of 45 pounds.
- This scaffolding system is sturdy
- The hooks on each end prevent the scaffold from sliding
- Simple to use and good quality
- This scaffold is strong enough to withstand weights of up to 300 lbs.
- Users seem to love this scaffold, as no serious complaints have been raised about it.
CBM scaffold is another scaffold from the CBM unit with an overall rating of 75 pounds per square foot. Made from high-grade aluminum, this scaffold is sturdy, yet lightweight (weighs 29 pounds). It has a length of 7 feet and a width of 19.25 inches. This scaffold also includes extended steps that enhance comfort when using the ladder.
Like the little giant, this CBM scaffold also includes three hooks on the ends to keep the user from sliding. In addition to sliding, the hooks allow for easy set-up of the ladder. Along with other tools, the plank and the hooks are sturdy enough to support any heavyweights.
What’s more, this plank is designed to fit both indoor and outdoor activities. So should you need to paint the walls, clean the gutters, this plank will come in handy to help you out.
- Has an average weight of 29 pounds
- It can be adjusted up to 7 feet of length.
- This scaffold measures 84 by 20 by 2 inches
- Made of aluminum
- The CBM scaffold includes three hooks.
- This CBM scaffold has an overall rating of 75 pounds per square, steps measuring 19 ¼ inches wide, and 7 feet of length.
- This scaffold is sturdy, yet lightweight for convenience and easy storage
- It exhibits aluminum construction that can support you along with your tools
- Built for indoor and outdoor use, this scaffold incorporates standard frames to meet ANSI, OSHA, and CSA standards.
- There have been no serious complaints from the users so far.
Finding the best scaffolding ladder that’s up to your needs can be a daunting prospect. However, we’ve saved you the hassle of research by providing some of our best reviews for scaffolding ladders to leverage your choices. Besides painting stairs, you can utilize these scaffolds for other tasks such as cleaning the gutters, painting high ceilings, and more. We hope you find this guide useful.
Note: When you purchase something after clicking links in our articles, we may earn a small commission. Read our Affiliate Disclosure for more details.